Third Attempt on BS Vignette

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Third Attempt on BS Vignette

Postby LASherman2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:24 am

Hi All-

The BS board has been incredibly helpful. I have taken BS twice and have gotten a Level 2 on the vignette both times. I am not sure what i'm doing wrong. Could you take a moment a look at the attached vignette based on NCARB's practice problem?

All of my flex ducts are under 10' in length.
I've used Amber, Dorf, and the NCARB resources to do this vignette and feel its an adequate solution. What do you think are the biggest hangups on this? Not sure what is causing me to receive a level 2 on this problem. Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LASherman2

Re: Third Attempt on BS Vignette

Postby Poedirty » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:11 pm

looks good to me..... Make sure you understand the reasonings and calculations. Sometime I memorize the practice vignette, and it becomes an issue when trying to think critically about a different situation.
Poedirty

Postby skysnowy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi! Just want to point out that from what I gather on the google plus community, 1.it's better not to have the rigid duct/flexible duct running over the grille, over lights are okay though. 2. maybe extend your rigid duct over the flexible duct a little bit, so that they do connect. From your vignette it's hard to tell if the last rigid duct meets with the flexible duct.

Good luck!
skysnowy

Postby arearcher » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:08 am

Was the vignette the only section you scored lower than Level1?
arearcher

Postby seriously » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi there,

Per Amber, he said the rigid duct should run over the last flexible duct connection for about 6", which doesn't seem to be the case for your rigid duct on the east side. Some of the return grills are very close to the wall. I don't know whether that would be a major error or anything. I took BS once and also got a level 2 on vignette. I am trying to figure out what I did wrong but have't. Good luck on your next try.
seriously

Postby cabara01 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Not that this is wrong because you are still within the 2' zone, but why not just go straight down with rigid duct rather than jog to left in supply closet?
cabara01

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS