EXAM SCORE RESULT VERIFICATION!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

EXAM SCORE RESULT VERIFICATION!

Postby jennyg54 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:44 pm

has anyone here gone through the exam verification process after you've received a FAIL on their exam? How long does the process take?

Does it ever turn out that NCARB was wrong with their result?
jennyg54

Re: EXAM SCORE RESULT VERIFICATION!

Postby arearcher » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Kind of. I contacted NCARB to confirm the cost and they told me it was highly likely I would have passed if my Level 2 vignette was overturned because I got enough MC questions correct.

I got hopeful then read my jurisdiction doesn't allow verification or challenging. I also read many states won't recognize an overturned fail (think NCARB certificiate) so I didn't follow through. Fwiw while researching this I came across an old post by Coach saying it's extremely unlikely so many opt to retake it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10759#wrap read the follow-up to the original post about halfway down. Someone seemed to follow through and simply got a generic response.
arearcher

Postby jennyg54 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:51 am

Thank you very much! I recently took the exam and they said I failed the vignette. I am 99% sure it was passable. I didn't miss any of the items. I did not over do it with the duct runs. I followed all the tips given by Erman. Some rooms were under-lit but only at the perimeter. I made sure I snapped to the diffusers correctly. My ducts were placed in between joists. There was one beam located at the center but the exam clearly said the ducts could run underneath the beams...so I crossed it. And the problem with the results is it doesn't tell you what exactly you did wrong. This is my second time tAking the BS exam. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed.
jennyg54

Postby arearcher » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 am

Did you score below Level1 on any other parts of the exam? Maybe it's worth trying Coach's video.
arearcher

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS