This test is becoming a challenge

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

This test is becoming a challenge

Postby donatello » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:39 am

I took BS back in march and didn't pass with a deficiency in plumbing and environmental issues. I studied every subject matter over again as per the
NCARB 4.0 guide using all the study source listed on this forum including the Amber seminar videos.

I took BS again in June13th for the second time and now I received my score report showing a deficiencies in HVAC, Specialties and lighting.
I really don't know how to restudy for this test. It really feels like a moving target. I absolutely don't think this test is fair in testing your knowledge of Building systems. Very frustrating. This is my last test and all I can do is to keep pushing.
donatello

Re: This test is becoming a challenge

Postby arearcher » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:54 am

Honestly unfortunately I think it's a function of the question bank you get. I do trade coordination in a design-assist environment and some of the questions I got completely threw me through a loop. Some that I looked up after weren't covered in MEEB or Amber. On the other hand I also work with a relatively inexperienced guy who only studied Kaplan and said he didn't get any questions that weren't covered in his study material.

Its frustrating. My assumption moving forward is to keep studying what everyone here recommends and hope for a reasonable question bank.
arearcher

Postby donatello » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Arearcher,
Very frustrating indeed. I am pushing. I am right at the door.
donatello

Postby gbalaka » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:00 am

I feel ya donatello......don't get discouraged.

I am sure that you went in very well prepared, but these exams always seem to find a way to make a sharp turn when it comes to the actual questions given on exam day.

I'd say don't stress over it. You will have your day soon and the stars will align for you.
gbalaka

Postby donatello » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:03 am

Gbalaka,
I both receive and appreciate your encouragement. I will Update everyone once its all over.
donatello

Postby Lindalou84 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am

I'm right here with you - failed for the 2nd time and starting to panic about the 5.0 transition. Also my last test and I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
Wish I could offer more other than words of encouragement but we'll get it soon enough! Sending good vibes your way!!!
Lindalou84

Postby donatello » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Linda I appreciate it. I don't know what to do differently but for starters I will take as many practice exams as I can.
I wish you all the best as well
donatello

Postby tonybueno2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 am

Sorry about this. This is my last one and I failed it a few months ago. Wishing you all good luck and positive vibes to push through this!
tonybueno2

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS