NCARB VIGNETTE - ATTEMPT 3 (testing Monday)

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB VIGNETTE - ATTEMPT 3 (testing Monday)

Postby tfa7488 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Hey!
This is my third attempt at this vignette. I took into account the advice from this board and the Google plus forum. Please take a look and let me know if you see anything that is off about this attempt. A few things:
1) I know that ideally you want to keep all elements 1' off of the wall (besides the accent lighting), But i just found it really difficult to do that, while making sure the lighting is centered, also separating diffusers and grilles within each room by at least 4'. In addition, i also know that the ceiling tile slivers are to be avoided as well, but it seems really hard to solve this vignette while doing all of those things in tandem. Am i missing something?
2) From the google plus forum,they also mentioned that rigid ducts should not cross the diffusers or grilles, only lights and that when placing mostly just the return grilles, you need to make sure that the grille itself is bounded by ceiling grid on three sides and not just the light fixture on one of those three sides. Just figured i'd share in case any other test takers stumbled over this thread!
3) When choosing whether to overlight/underlight a space, are we to take into acccount their function? For example, a supply closet would function just fine being slightly underlit vs a drafting studio where it's imperative that you are able to see to the fullest extent.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the decision-making process for this vignette. For some reason, this has been one of the hardest vignettes for me to prepare for. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tfa7488

Re: NCARB VIGNETTE - ATTEMPT 3 (testing Monday)

Postby Cosninety » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:59 pm

The duct leaving the supply goes through a joist. You should take it so far past the wall perpendicular to the structure.
Cosninety

Re: NCARB VIGNETTE - ATTEMPT 3 (testing Monday)

Postby Cosninety » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:01 pm

also 2x2s would work way more efficiently in the receptionist room. you're overlight A LOT there
Cosninety

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS