Vignette Question about an awkward room lighting layout

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Question about an awkward room lighting layout

Postby ATina » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi all,

This question bothers me so much. I guess you all see an awkward shape of room that may have the following three different layouts. I feel none of them is perfect, either underlit (max 1' distance from wall to the circle edge per coach) or light fixtures are so close to the wall. Please direct me if i have the similar situation in the exam, which layout will be acceptable? Really appreciate!!

ATina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ATina

Re: Vignette Question about an awkward room lighting layout

Postby Coach » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Circles are a waste of time and confusing. Use grid to lay out area lighting.

What are the dimensions of that room?
Coach
Site Admin

Postby ATina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi coach,

The dimension is 10' 8" x14' 8" interior wall to interior wall. Please show me an example how to use grid to layout. I will test this Friday, really appreciate your guide!!!

ATina

Coach wrote:Circles are a waste of time and confusing. Use grid to lay out area lighting.

What are the dimensions of that room?
ATina

Postby Coach » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 pm

ATina wrote:Please show me an example how to use grid to layout.

You draw the grid first, imagine fixture layout (or actually draw them if you need to), and adjust as necessary. You can see how I do it in my video.

For that room I would go with 4-2x2s or 2-2x4s because the underlighting is slight. The overlighting with 6-2x2s is too severe.

I would ultimately choose the 4-2x2s because less area will be underlit vs the 2x4 solution.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby ATina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you Coach!

Coach wrote:
ATina wrote:Please show me an example how to use grid to layout.

You draw the grid first, imagine fixture layout (or actually draw them if you need to), and adjust as necessary. You can see how I do it in my video.

For that room I would go with 4-2x2s or 2-2x4s because the underlighting is slight. The overlighting with 6-2x2s is too severe.

I would ultimately choose the 4-2x2s because less area will be underlit vs the 2x4 solution.
ATina

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS