1st try w/ questions

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

1st try w/ questions

Postby ATina » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi all,

It's my first attempt. I reviewed some posts after this, and noticed the west wall of Architect's office is unlit. I have another question for that room based on my layout, is it overlit as the spacing between 2x4 is only 4', which 6' is required base on the diagram? But i saw a lot of posts have 4' spacing, please help me confirm if that is acceptable.

Second question, for the vertical rigid ducts, is there any distance requirement to joists?

For flex duct, there are 2 dash lines connecting to the diffuser in drafting studio and conf room, but it looks like one line, is that ok?

Thank you for your input, really appreciate!

ATina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ATina

Re: 1st try w/ questions

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:49 am

ATina wrote:Hi all,

It's my first attempt. I reviewed some posts after this, and noticed the west wall of Architect's office is unlit. I have another question for that room based on my layout, is it overlit as the spacing between 2x4 is only 4', which 6' is required base on the diagram? But i saw a lot of posts have 4' spacing, please help me confirm if that is acceptable. ALWAYS space lights according to the lighting chart provided.

Second question, for the vertical rigid ducts, is there any distance requirement to joists? No, just don't place ducts under them.

For flex duct, there are 2 dash lines connecting to the diffuser in drafting studio and conf room, but it looks like one line, is that ok? Yes.

Thank you for your input, really appreciate!

ATina

Inadequate HVAC in reception.
Missing returns in the studio, and conference room.
Supply closet is under lit.
Inadequate accent lighting.
Accent light overlaps the grid.
Incorrect 2x4 light spacing in the architect's office.
Sparky83

Postby ATina » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:12 am

Thank you Sparky83! Those comments are really helpful!

ATina
ATina

Postby ATina » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 am

Here is my 2nd try based on previous helpful comments.

Please help me review if any issue exists. Question: is it too close to the wall for the return grill on the south of conf room? Also, same question for the return in supple closet?

Thank you in advance!

ATina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ATina

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS