Pass

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Pass

Postby sedaigle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 am

I received my PASS today! I started out reading Ballast but didn't finish because I started the Amber course. For me, it really was all I needed. After taking the practice exam I went back and watched a couple videos (or parts of videos) where I felt I needed a little more concentration. I attempted to get my hands on a MEEB but wasn't able to. One of my Arch friends said he didn't think it was necessary and he was right (at least for me). I was nervous that I had made a fatal error on the vignette. I had about 15 minutes to review my work and saw I had underlit a room. I was able to stay calm and started working as fast as possible with that software to make the needed changes. I had just moved my very last element, a diffuser, and went to click on the flex duct to connect it to the rigid and BAM...ran out of time. So, just so you know...that wasn't an auto fail. I also read on some NCARB blog that under/over lighting is also not an auto fail if you don't do it multiple times. FYI. Thanks to everyone for your help on this one!
sedaigle

Re: Pass

Postby sedaigle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

One other thing I wanted to mention...thoroughly check your vignette for things, like, flex duct max length or distances between elements. It would be easy to overlook some of those things and have them add up quickly.
sedaigle

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS