PASS!

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

PASS!

Postby shnicky » Fri May 12, 2017 7:56 am

Thanks everyone and Coach especially! I used Coach's Video and highly recommend it. I posted my vignettes here for comments, using the NCARB 4.0 software and the Sajaad and 3.1 alts. One thing that was really helpful for the vignette was critiquing other people's vignettes because it gets you used to finding mistakes that you might make in your own vignette and finding ways to quickly correct them. I used Amber, but I watched it a year and a half ago before I failed the first try because of a level 3 vignette and level 2 on codes (don't rely on it totally...you do need to do more studying and practice after, at least I did). But, luckily I took very good notes while watching it, paused it all the time to sketch the things I saw on the screen so I could go back and review (PRO TIP!) so those notes came in very handy! I had also gone to a Gustavo seminar years ago before he retired, so those notes were very helpful, as were my old class notes from school. I have to say the most important thing I did was really delve into MEEB. Not just glancing at the diagrams, but reading the material. This exam isn't about memorization, it's about knowing the material and choosing the best solution to problems. I also watched the free Black Spectacles videos and the video playlist on the study materials list on this site. I mostly just listened to those while at work. Good luck, all! I'm off to BDCS then Structures, then I'm outta here!
shnicky

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS