First try at vignette - Testing Saturday

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

First try at vignette - Testing Saturday

Postby sb84 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Getting geared up for my BS exam on Saturday. Just did the vignette and looking for feedback on my first attempt. Did it in under an hour, but would like to get it down to near half hour in the next couple of days. Questions: 1. how close to the wall can registers/return air grills/lights be to walls?
2. if over/underlighting should you properly light closer to the door and over/underlight against opposite wall or doesnt really matter?
3. can my rigid duct bend the way i show it coming out of the supply duct? I only did this to connect to the register properly.
4. should i continue the rigid duct 1 click past the last flex duct branch?
5. did i connect rigid duct properly to supply and ruturn mains?

All input is appreciated as always. TY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sb84

Re: First try at vignette - Testing Saturday

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:26 am

sb84 wrote:Getting geared up for my BS exam on Saturday. Just did the vignette and looking for feedback on my first attempt. Did it in under an hour, but would like to get it down to near half hour in the next couple of days. Questions: 1. how close to the wall can registers/return air grills/lights be to walls?
8"-12" off walls if possible. Do not attach to walls.

2. if over/underlighting should you properly light closer to the door and over/underlight against opposite wall or doesnt really matter? Door location is irrelevant. ALWAYS center the lights in the room.
3. can my rigid duct bend the way i show it coming out of the supply duct? Yes. I only did this to connect to the register properly.
4. should i continue the rigid duct 1 click past the last flex duct branch? Doesn't matter.
5. did i connect rigid duct properly to supply and ruturn mains? Yes

All input is appreciated as always. TY

Dampers should be centered in the wall thickness.
Looks good otherwise.
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS