BS vignette 2nd try

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS vignette 2nd try

Postby beyondarchi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Thanks Coach for commenting on the previous (very ugly) try. I redid one version based on the comments, please let me know if anything is still not right.

Two questions I have at the moment:
1, Re. accent light: my understanding is that to provide uniform 80 fc at 5' height on the west wall of the office, the whole length of the wall should be included in one and one 2' radius circle (thus the circles will intersect on the wall), however in doing so don't we provide more than required lighting in the area overlapped by two circles? (the program only asks for 80 fc. at 5' height between the fixtures)

2,There are some areas next to walls with insufficient lighting, is that acceptable? If so what is the threshold of how far fixtures can be located away from wall?

Many thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beyondarchi

Re: BS vignette 2nd try

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:18 pm

beyondarchi wrote:Thanks Coach for commenting on the previous (very ugly) try. I redid one version based on the comments, please let me know if anything is still not right.

Two questions I have at the moment:
1, Re. accent light: my understanding is that to provide uniform 80 fc at 5' height on the west wall of the office, the whole length of the wall should be included in one and one 2' radius circle (thus the circles will intersect on the wall), however in doing so don't we provide more than required lighting in the area overlapped by two circles? (the program only asks for 80 fc. at 5' height between the fixtures) No. You are lighting a VERTICAL surface at a specific elevation.

2,There are some areas next to walls with insufficient lighting, is that acceptable? If so what is the threshold of how far fixtures can be located away from wall? It will never be perfect. Get as close as you can.

Many thanks!

HVAC layout in the studio is not uniform.
Lighs are not centered in the studio or conference room.
Missing flex in the file room.
Accents need to spread out just a little and move closer to the wall so you cover the north and south ends of the wall.
Sparky83

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS