Vignette 1

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette 1

Postby mryan64 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Attached is my first attempt at the standard vignette. My only real question would be is there any suggested distances one would keep their supply diffusers from each other. I tried to space them out so they would hopefully provide an even distribution but wasn't sure if there was a good distance to follow. All comments welcome testing next week! Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mryan64

Re: Vignette 1

Postby Coach » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 pm

mryan64 wrote:My only real question would be is there any suggested distances one would keep their supply diffusers from each other.

Provide balanced distribution. Maintain 4' min between S&R grilles.

Incorrect 2x4 spacing.
Inadequate accents lighting.
Long damper led should be in wall.
Long side of return grille should be parallel to short side of tile.
Light centering could be better in AO and DS.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby kotharin78 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 am

The accent lighting should not be used to balance the required lighting (paraphrased from the Vignette program -please double check), so the comment above seems correct -- we should always center the grid/lighting first and then squeeze the accent lighting in based on illuminating the wall at 5'AFF with out colliding with the grid or the 2x4 or 2x2 lighting...
kotharin78

Postby pig » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm

regarding accent lighting, can someone kindly explain why 3 accent lights is inadequate?
from the light diagrams provided for this vignette, the distance between accent lights should be 4'6" spaced apart (center-to-center) to light 80 footcandle at 5' above ground, and this would make it 3 lights total along the wall.
but i have noticed that all the vignettes posted in this forum have 4 accent lights instead of 3.
thanks so much for any help.
pig

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 pm

First, the distance is 4-0, not 4-6. Then, that's not spacing, it's the size of the circle used to place lights.
Accents are not for area lighting. You must provide uniform lighting on the wall.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby pig » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 pm

thanks coach!
just to clarify, light is 6" wide, so center-to-center should account for the center point of the light, which would be 3" from perimeter of the lighting fixture itself, so would that not add 6" to the 4'?
is there a requirement for the distance from the accent lights to the wall?
or can i place the accent lights (and circles) at any distance from the walls so long as they provide uniform lighting to the wall?
pig

Postby Coach » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am

Look at the lighting diagram again. The axis is at center of fixture.
As for distance from wall, the circles must intersect at face, so it's got to be something less than 2'. With the snap, you only have 3 choices and the best one will depend on distance between fixtures.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS