Fail#4 - Frustrated and Defeated

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Fail#4 - Frustrated and Defeated

Postby CalPoly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:12 pm

I am absolutely frustrated. I just received my results. I have failed this exam 4 times now. This is the last exam I need to finish the ARE's, too.

I have studied the Archiflash 4.0 and know the majority of the cards. I have taken the Kaplan and Ballast Q & A and done well on those (scoring over 70%). I read Ballast, Kaplan, and the "must-read" chapters in MEEB according to the chart that's circling around. I felt more confident coming out of the exam this time around, yet I did worse than my last two attempts. The last time I took the exam I got Level 3 on Specialties and Level 2 on Environmental Issues and the Vignette. This time around I got Level 3 on Codes & Regulations, Environmental Issues, Electrical, and Specialties. Practically everything. I feel so defeated.

Apologies if this post isn't informative. I just need to vent. I don't know what to do.
CalPoly

Re: Fail#4 - Frustrated and Defeated

Postby utspoh@gmail.com » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Keep studying. Schedule it again. Change your habits. Find the weakest area and make it your strongest. Good luck! I'm jealous
utspoh@gmail.com

Postby turbobeast » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:38 am

I'm so sorry - I know how this feels. But on the bright side, you have passed 6 exams! You're so close! I've read a lot of people who have failed this exam take that Amber course (I think that's the one) and they say it helps them really understand the material. The only reason I have not done this is $$. I figure I will see if I can pass - this is my last one, too. If not, then I will take that course for next time. I have been studying so much, but it's a ton of material, a lot of figures to memorize, and when I took my practice exam - I failed. So, I am going through those questions and studying those areas again. The more practice quizes you can take, the better. Try the following link to take quizes on MEEB chapters.

http://bcs.wiley.com/he-bcs/Books?actio ... erId=20728

Best of luck - don't give up!!!
turbobeast

Postby doingit » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:38 pm

You're almost there!!! Keep giving it your best and you'll do it. Im in the same predicament. So in addition to studying, I have found ways to keep going and not be so hard on myself. I read positive and motivational quotes. I leave you with one of my favorites. Go get your reward!

"DON'T QUIT
Youre Already in PAIN
Youre Already HURT
Now get a REWARD from it"
doingit

Postby gumption » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Don't give up! You are so close to the finish line!

Take a look at the list of reference books listed in the NCARB study guide. They draw their questions from those books, and they seem to update that list every so often. Aug 2014 was the most recent update.
gumption

Postby CalPoly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:27 pm

After a devastating fail, I decided to take the Amber course and took the test right after my three weeks of video access was over. I passed! Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I'm done with the AREs! Onto the CSE.
CalPoly

Postby cathaejo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Congratulations!!! Is the Amber course the only material you studied this time?
cathaejo

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS