BS NCARB vignette

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS NCARB vignette

Postby recabma » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 am

I've been reading a bunch of posts and this is what I came up with. Could you please take a look and see if there are any issues?

As with a lot of people, the grey area is the accent lights. I saw a diagram that Coach did a while back and here are my questions on that:
1. is the best way to place the lights at an even spread by drawing the top and bottom circle first and then try to "fit" the rest in between and round up the distance between the lights?
2. are the sketch circles intersecting so that there are no dark spots between the lights, even though the lighting diagram says they have to be 4'o.c.? If so, how close is too close? I've seen people drawing 4 and 5 lights. Is there a general advice on this?

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
recabma

Re: BS NCARB vignette

Postby Coach » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

recabma wrote:As with a lot of people, the grey area is the accent lights. I saw a diagram that Coach did a while back and here are my questions on that:
1. is the best way to place the lights at an even spread by drawing the top and bottom circle first and then try to "fit" the rest in between and round up the distance between the lights?

There are so many variables. It's pretty much trial and error.

2. are the sketch circles intersecting so that there are no dark spots between the lights,

Yes.

even though the lighting diagram says they have to be 4'o.c.?

That's not what the diagram is telling you. For accents, the required level is at the wall, so the only way to acheive that is to intersect the circles at the face of wall.

If so, how close is too close? I've seen people drawing 4 and 5 lights. Is there a general advice on this?

It's a function of how close the lights are to the wall and how much diminished lighting you can stomack at the ends.

No need to bend supply coming out of riser.
Rigid can be more efficient by bringing supply out to east.
AO, supply & conf overlit.
Maintain 4' min between S & R grilles.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby recabma » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks Coach! I think I got a better solution after your comments. Here it is. Let me know if you see any issues still...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
recabma

Postby Coach » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm

AO is underlit.
Rotate returns so that grille corner is not floating in middle of tile.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby recabma » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Got it! Thank you so much for helping and for such a quick response!!
recabma

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS