Pass...what's next?

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

Pass...what's next?

Postby amr36 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 am

Got my pass at 5:15 am Thursday morning as usual. This is 5 in a row now, trying not to break the streak, but could use some advice on which to take next. I have BDCS and SS remaining. I've heard BDCS is a catchall, but that there is a lot of overlap with structures, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks, this forum has been so helpful!
amr36

Re: Pass...what's next?

Postby gascap » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:26 am

I just passed BDCS...failed SS earlier this year. If I pass BS on Monday, then it's just the one re-take for me. (I currently have 5 passes as well.)

I would do BDCS before SS - which I guess I ended up doing. There is some overlap and I think going that route will help with my SS re-take studying.

Congrats and good luck!!
gascap

Postby jennib » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Taking BDCS before SS, and taking them close together, worked well for me. I was so worried about the materials and methods portions of BDCS that much of my studying for that exam paid off in my SS exam.
jennib

Postby KissysMom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:16 am

I agree, get BDCS out of the way. SS ovelaps with BDCS and is more standalone.... Take your momentum from previous exams and apply to BDCS before your brain gets fried with SS calcs and diagrams. Congrats on the BS pass!!!
KissysMom

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS