3.1 layout. 2nd Try.

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

3.1 layout. 2nd Try.

Postby sarann221 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:16 pm

This is the 3.1 plan, but with the 4.0 program.

Take a look and let me know what I missed please! This is my 2nd try and the lighting this time I did very differently. Makes me wonder which is really right. Ha!

My main question is: Can I have the return rigid duct coming out that close to the supply's rigid duct?? Seem impractical, but didn't want to be inefficient and run it all the way south out of the shaft. Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sarann221

Re: 3.1 layout. 2nd Try.

Postby zordon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:55 am

- In the Laboratory, I would suggest 2x4s since it looks like you're a bit too far from the south window with your 2x2s (even though you would theoretically get daylight, but better safe than sorry)
- It would be better to have the RA duct just go south. It's only a few more feet of duct, so not terribly inefficient, especially since it's just a straight run. Plus, these are just the centerlines of duct that we're drawing so, in reality, your RA is probably in conflict with the SA when you account for actual duct dimensions.
zordon

Re: 3.1 layout. 2nd Try.

Postby sarann221 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 am

zordon wrote:- In the Laboratory, I would suggest 2x4s since it looks like you're a bit too far from the south window with your 2x2s (even though you would theoretically get daylight, but better safe than sorry)
- It would be better to have the RA duct just go south. It's only a few more feet of duct, so not terribly inefficient, especially since it's just a straight run. Plus, these are just the centerlines of duct that we're drawing so, in reality, your RA is probably in conflict with the SA when you account for actual duct dimensions.

I tried with 2x4s but it looked ridiculous and was very close to the walls leaving 6' between the long side of fixtures like needed. These lights made me nuts!
Thanks for looking at this!
sarann221

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS