BS Vignette #3

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

BS Vignette #3

Postby silvadl » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi All,

Here is my 3rd attempt at the BS Vignette. I am hoping once I get this right, I can move onto an alternate vignette.
I appreciate all the help with review thus far!

Thank you,
Danielle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silvadl

Re: BS Vignette #3

Postby mick2 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Returns need to be support on three sides (drafting studio).
mick2

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:09 am

Lights are not centered in the supply closet.
Grilles in the studio will fall out.
Insufficient accent lighting.
Rigid duct layout does not allow flexibility. Extreme efficiency is not necessary.
No air circulation on the west side of the architect's office.
Sparky83

Postby cathaejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:45 am

Having the return grilles on one side of the spaces and the diffusers on the other is not good balance of the system. Try redistributing them in a more logical way. Good luck on your test!!!
cathaejo

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:58 am

cathaejo wrote:Having the return grilles on one side of the spaces and the diffusers on the other is not good balance of the system. Try redistributing them in a more logical way. Good luck on your test!!!

It's perfectly acceptable as is. Symmetry works just fine.
Sparky83

Postby cathaejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:04 pm

It's perfectly acceptable as is. Symmetry works just fine.

I have seen a lot of comments from different people in the past weeks suggesting to balance the distribution of grilles and diffusers and to avoid placing the grilles on one side and the diffusers on the other. In other words, recommending an even location of grilles and diffusers, not necessarily in a symmetric way. Even you commented on the first vignette I posted, that 2 of the spaces were not balanced and it was confusing to me because I was told the contrary by somebody that passed the test. Now, does it really matter? For those of us who haven't tested on this exam, it would be good to hear from those who passed and failed the test to see how the did depending on the decision they made...
cathaejo

Postby LICall » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 pm

cathaejo wrote:It's perfectly acceptable as is. Symmetry works just fine.

I have seen a lot of comments from different people in the past weeks suggesting to balance the distribution of grilles and diffusers and to avoid placing the grilles on one side and the diffusers on the other. In other words, recommending an even location of grilles and diffusers, not necessarily in a symmetric way. Even you commented on the first vignette I posted, that 2 of the spaces were not balanced and it was confusing to me because I was told the contrary by somebody that passed the test. Now, does it really matter? For those of us who haven't tested on this exam, it would be good to hear from those who passed and failed the test to see how the did depending on the decision they made...

please, comments ASAP, testing tomorrow
LICall

Postby cathaejo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 am

I posted a thread for this and coach says it is fine to create a symmetrical distribution... Thanks to sparky83 as well, for the clarification!
cathaejo

Postby silvadl » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Thank you all! This has been incredibly helpful. I think I've got it finally! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silvadl

Postby mick2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:03 am

Double check the conference room, it appears that one of your returns is staggered across the ceiling grid line.
Try to always use a flex duct to connect to the rigid duct (supply closet)
People do have different thoughts on this matter but I perfer to have the returns placed on three sides of the ceiling grid, not back onto the light fixture.
mick2

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS