NCARB Vignette

Mechanical & Electrical Plan Vignette and Multiple Choice

NCARB Vignette

Postby SchzdeAndrei » Wed May 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Took BS and failed the vignette (as well as one MC section). Any advice is appreciated! Test next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SchzdeAndrei

Re: NCARB Vignette

Postby little12 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:45 am

supply room, supply and return are way too close. this is why most people end up using a single 2x4 I think.

supply and returns look to be too close in the upper left room as well. In general, they all want to be 4' from each other and then evenly scattered thru the room.
little12

Postby blorek » Thu May 28, 2015 4:20 pm

SchzdeAndrei, wish you the best next week.
Sorry about the fail. I'm in the same boat, BS was my first fail, last month (Level 1 in all MC sections except Environmental, and Level 2 in vignette). Which MC section did you fail?
I agree with little12 on the spacing between diffuser and returns in supply and reception. Would also space Diff and Returns farther apart in the File room. File room is underlit, did you go this route because of the use of this room?
Trying to fine tune my own underlit/overlit rationale, wondering if that was my error.
Will post my vignette solution, please review.
blorek

Postby SchzdeAndrei » Fri May 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback, blorek and little12. That's very helpful. I did overlook the diffuser and return being too close in the supply closet. I thought the file room was lit well, though. There are less than 3 feet around the edge of both fixtures. My understanding is that a 3' distance from the wall is okay, but I could be wrong. I had trouble figuring out if i should over-light or under-light with a couple of rooms on the exam. perhaps that was my downfall.

blorek, i failed Specialties. i felt pretty good about the exam the first time. haven't had as much time as I'd like to review for round 2, but will still give it my all.

Thanks again for the feedback.
SchzdeAndrei

Return to BS - BUILDING SYSTEMS