SS Best Practice Exams

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

SS Best Practice Exams

Postby mpc123 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Hello! One week before my exam -- can someone recommend which practice exams are most helpful to prioritize? I have gone through Ballast, Thaddeus Mock exam video, NCARB practice, designer hacks (free) and about 100 questions of the whopping 400+ Kaplan Q&A questions. Should I keep going with the Kaplan (I heard there were many mistakes, but should I focus on conceptual q's?), or hop over to ALS (General Structures) or Mike Q&A (seems math heavy)? Any suggestions on what was most helpful/similar or dissimilar to the exam?

Many thanks! :D
mpc123

Re: SS Best Practice Exams

Postby jackstatic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 am

That's a great question, one I wish I could answer, I personally haven't started any practice exams myself, test is in Feb 11th, and I plan in doing Ballast, Kaplan, DesignerHacks (paid version got it on sale) and the Thaddeus/Ncarb questions.
Mike's notes were a quick read, I'd go thru them, some minor items of clarification there. The test review documents are just going over the Ncarb ones.
I saw on here someone has a YouTube video going thru the Kaplan questions I think. Not sure. Finally two other ootions I know of are Gang Chen and Marc Mitalski (prepareinc.net) you can pay $12/month for 340 practice questions and answers (alot of math)
jackstatic

Re: SS Best Practice Exams

Postby alexwilkosz24 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 pm

Mike's notes are imperative to being able to answer some confusing items. I would look at them again.

I used the Kaplan and ballast practice exams, do not just study the answers, study why the others are NOT the answer.
alexwilkosz24

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS