3rd Fail

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

3rd Fail

Postby ahchov » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 am

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement or any light that can be shined on my very long and narrow tunnel?

I failed the SS exam 3 times now. The first time, I failed the vignette but passed everything else. He second, I failed wind, and recently I failed the seismic portion. With a 3.

I've read through Kaplan, Ballast, BAR, and for the last exam watched all of the Thaddeus videos. Did all the practice exams 3 times through now.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong. The worst part is that I passed seismic the first 2 times, and I walked out of the exam actually feeling good! (When does that ever happen?)

Any advice on how to proceed besides going through all of the materials again?

Sincerely,
Deflated.
ahchov

Re: 3rd Fail

Postby Heartwood » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:28 am

Don't get too discouraged and keep grinding away at it. I have found Marty's notes very helpful for reviewing Thaddeus' course. Also, some of the youtube videos that walk through the Kappan questions. I also failed my first time because of a level 3 on the vignette, got super bummed about it, got over it, and now have my retake in a couple weeks.
Heartwood

Re: 3rd Fail

Postby raaz227 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Keep working and don’t get discouraged.

Can’t stress practice tests enough. I didn’t touch Kaplan 500 but did Ballast Q’s a few times. Also Thaddeus is a must. I watched the videos twice and then reviewed all my notes as many times I could before the exam. Don’t stress the math and focus on the concepts. I think I was averaging 68% on my practice tests. Good luck!
raaz227

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS