best resource for practice multiple choice?

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

best resource for practice multiple choice?

Postby appletree » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:01 am

Hi All

I'm testing on Jan 8. I've been through Thaddeus, and i feel like I have the vignette under control. Working on reading FEMA and BAR now, and reviewing all my notes from BDCS, which I passed last year. I have Ballast...which I have ignored thus far on advice of others for this exam. However, I want to find more practice MC questions than just NCARB's small selection. I see from posts on here that lots of sources have errors, etc. I know from all the other exams that Ballast's questions are often way too hard...is that true here as well?
What are my best sources for MC practice?

Thanks!
appletree

Re: best resource for practice multiple choice?

Postby IRA » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:02 pm

I am looking at Kaplan.

This is my last chance... if I don't pass, I will have to transition to 5.0 and take two tests instead of one :( All ideas, suggestions, and advices are welcome on studying/ study material.
IRA

Postby cabara01 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:48 am

You could try designer hacks, they have some free questions. I think they change some of the questions if you take it a second time.

I am reading FEMA and BAR. Watching Thaddeus videos. I also have Ballast MC. Positing my vignette here. Listening to any black spectacles or other YouTube videos.

Good luck!
cabara01

Postby alexwilkosz24 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:48 am

I found the Kaplan 500 questions to be the most helpful. As well as the Ballast practice exams. I'd set aside time to go thru 50 a night the last 2 or so weeks to supplement readings. It was important to me to read why the question is correct and why other answers are not, and then cross reference the answers with book material when I thought I was not strong on the question information.
alexwilkosz24

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS