pass and done

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

pass and done

Postby nana_ny » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:11 pm

this was my retake SS. I first passed general structures but failed lateral, wind and vignette.

This time I re-brushed up on Thaddeus, but then also read three FEMAs (KEY!), got Coach'es video and practiced ALTs on my parent's old laptop that can still run practice program.

I've passed my first exam 6 years ago. My extended rolling clock (I gave birth) was expiring and I was retaking structures just day prior. Thank God I passed and am an Architect.
I've dragged out the whole process over 7-years if you count very first exam which was a first fail. Wasted bunch of my life starting to learn, forgetting, restarting, switching, restarting. There is never a good time to knock this out, so if you're reading this, do it now.

Coach, over all these years, whether on ARE forum or on ARE coach YOU've saved me so many times. I'm grateful more than I can express for all the time, thoughtfulness and care you''ve invested in me. Thank you Sir :) .
nana_ny

Re: pass and done

Postby Coach » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Congratulations!
Coach
Site Admin

Re: pass and done

Postby appletree » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:55 pm

@nana -

congrats! your story sounds like mine...only i gave birth twice...so i got an extra year (not that it helped me get through this faster). SS is my last - testing in 2 weeks, but might postpone until end of Jan if i need a few more weeks. Finished Thaddeus and FEMA...now working on vignette, practice questions, other reading material, etc.
If i fail, I can retake once before i screw myself and have to deal with two exams in 5.0. i am hoping two tries will do it, even though I am pregnant again and fear sitting for an exam much past 30 weeks...
appletree

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS