Remember to "Mark" all unanswered questions

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Remember to "Mark" all unanswered questions

Postby brunwerk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:36 pm

This should go without saying, but please remember to "mark" any questions you skip on the exam to come back to later.
I followed Thaddeous advice today to skip all calculation problems and review them on the second pass thru.

However, I'm 95% sure that I did not "mark" all of the problems I skipped.
Probably because I had to pee so bad 2.5 hours into it and was trying to make the first pass before taking an "unscheduled break".
With all of that said, the rest of the time I only reviewed marked questions.
With seconds to go and while exiting the exam it prompted me that I had unanswered questions and i didn't have the time to see what they were or how many of them.
Please do not let this happen to you!

This would have been my 11th and last test altogether.
This mistake may have just signed me up for #12.

Sincerely, the 40 year old intern :/
brunwerk

Re: Remember to "Mark" all unanswered questions

Postby kotharin78 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 am

Same thing happened to me. I only had a little coffee before the multi-hour MC part of the test...and im also the same age as you.. HA! Luckily, even with the clock running during my unscheduled bathroom break, I still did ok on the MC part ... so I hope you did well too!

best of luck
kotharin78

Re: Remember to "Mark" all unanswered questions

Postby jackstatic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:51 pm

So at the bottom of the review screen after you finished a test but before selecting exit exam they give you a few options, 1 is to review marked, 1 is to review incomplete, in addition the screen has an entire listing of all the questions with check marks next to them listing with a check mark what is incomplete and what is marked" I HIGHLY suggest reviewing that screen quickly prior to exiting or reviewing anything to know where you stand.

Anyway, I never just go to review marked questions first, I try to select review incomplete questions first, followed by review marked second. This way I ensure that i have at least chosen an answer for the incomplete ones, if I am unsure of the answer, I will mark it, then I go thru and review the marked questions, including the incomplete ones that are now marked. That's just me personally. tho so I can at the very least ensure I chosen something for anything that is left incomplete if time is running short (as it usually does)
jackstatic

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS