Vignette Warning

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Warning

Postby funkitect » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Just tested today, and wow... was completely thrown for a loop on the vignette! It was completely different and way more complicated than ANY of the practice versions I've seen thus far... an irregular plan shape with multiple odd-ball framing areas required.

I've done well on my exams thus far, breezing through CDS, BDCS, PPP, SPD & BS on my first attempts. However, I felt really unsure after getting thru the SS multiple choice section and was looking forward to letting my brain relax thru an easy vignette... surprise! Makes me feel like NCARB is intentionally making these last versions of 4.0 extra difficult so people are forced to transition to 5.0...
funkitect

Re: Vignette Warning

Postby Coach » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Come on.

I too had a vignette that was quite irregular. Nothing to worry about or freak out over. It's the same process.
The only thing that can make this vignette hard is not reading and comprehending the program properly, not practicing, not trusting what you learn here, and panicking when you see something that you think makes things different but really doesn't.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Vignette Warning

Postby funkitect » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 am

Well, I did practice (including Thaddeus' online course), but the complexity of the vignette was still a surprise. This was really just a heads up to others to not necessarily expect an 'easy out' for their SS exam like some of the other exam vignettes have been.

Just got my PASS notification yesterday, so guess the practice did pay off. 1 left...
funkitect

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS