Final Pass, Greatest Relief Ever

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Final Pass, Greatest Relief Ever

Postby spring » Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 am

I received my final pass on SS which was my last ARE. Since then, I have been enjoying the greatest relief ever, while recovering from all these stress related symptoms I had while studying. If I didn't pass, I would've been at a risk of losing my exams I passed five years ago while I wait until I can re-take the SS. And if I didn't catch up on time, I would've been forced to transition to ARE 5.0 next year and start all over again based on the transition calculator.

Long story short, I could not take a single chance to fail, and the strategy I used was to re-take and review the ballast and kaplan sample questions over and over and over again, the exact same sample questions over and over again until I narrow down the type of questions I found myself struggling with. I also purchased the ARE Coach Video for the vignette, and had it repeatedly play on my commute, for the entire month. Like I said, I could not take a single chance to fail this exam.

So grateful to receive this last Pass and complete the journey of ARE. And as my coworker once told me, fun never stops for the architect, now onto CSE.
spring

Re: Final Pass, Greatest Relief Ever

Postby gbalaka » Sat May 20, 2017 11:38 am

Congrats! Wow, you were cutting it real close, but i'm glad you passed. Was your plan all along to take SS last?? I saved SD for my last exam.

I'm not sure when you are planning on taking the CSE, but CAB is reaaaaaly slow when it comes to sending over documents. I would highly recommend you call NCARB soon and ask them to send CAB your AXP record (NCARB is even slower). Keep calling CAB and keep calling NCARB and stay on top of it. You will most likely receive an ineligibility letter from CAB soon, because for some reason NCARB only sends your ARE exam completion automatically. You have to call NCARB and request them to send CAB your AXP record (i'm assuming you have all that completed).

I would also recommend you purchase David Doucette's study material for the CSE (it's a ton of material). I finished up my last ARE on March 30 and i've been studying for the CSE ever since (i want to get it out of the way while i still have momentum). And now I can't even schedule the exam because NCARB and CAB have been very very slow in their portion of the work.

But that's awesome that you've finished all 7. Non-architect-exam-taking people have no idea what that feels like!
gbalaka

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS