Pass!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Pass!

Postby Lindalou84 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 pm

I don't have anything unique to share but hope I can inspire anyone taking this. I came in completely clueless and frustrated. I felt totally overwhelmed and it seemed impossible. I honestly don't think I would have passed if it weren't for the Thaddeus lectures and the support from this forum. Below is what I used. Good luck and please don't give up. I almost did and I'm so glad I didn't.

Thaddeus
Jenny's Notes
Ballast Practice Questions and Practice Exam
Kaplan Practice Question (I ran out of time and only got through 100)
FEMA
Buildings at Risk Wind and Seismic
Posting Vignette solutions on this forum (thank you!!!)
Asking questions on this forum (thank you!!!)
Archiflash here and there

I recommend doing all of Kaplan's questions on the practice exam - there are about 300 I think (?) I couldn't get through them all but I would have struggled less during the exam had I done that. I ran out of time on the exam and rushed. I passed but I would have been much better prepared.

I tried reading Kaplan and taking the quizzes at the end of each chapter - but that was overkill and only created confusion and frustration. The practice test is better IMO - I would avoid the quizzes.

I hope this helps . You can do this :)
Good luck!
Lindalou84

Re: Pass!

Postby gbalaka » Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm

Lindalou84 wrote:I don't have anything unique to share but hope I can inspire anyone taking this. I came in completely clueless and frustrated. I felt totally overwhelmed and it seemed impossible. I honestly don't think I would have passed if it weren't for the Thaddeus lectures and the support from this forum. Below is what I used. Good luck and please don't give up. I almost did and I'm so glad I didn't.

Thaddeus
Jenny's Notes
Ballast Practice Questions and Practice Exam
Kaplan Practice Question (I ran out of time and only got through 100)
FEMA
Buildings at Risk Wind and Seismic
Posting Vignette solutions on this forum (thank you!!!)
Asking questions on this forum (thank you!!!)
Archiflash here and there

I recommend doing all of Kaplan's questions on the practice exam - there are about 300 I think (?) I couldn't get through them all but I would have struggled less during the exam had I done that. I ran out of time on the exam and rushed. I passed but I would have been much better prepared.

I tried reading Kaplan and taking the quizzes at the end of each chapter - but that was overkill and only created confusion and frustration. The practice test is better IMO - I would avoid the quizzes.

I hope this helps . You can do this :)
Good luck!

Congrats!

Out of the 7 exams, I thing i'll never forget are the 381 practice exam questions from Kaplan 4.0. That was a ridiculous amount of questions, however, due to those, I walked into the exam very confident and passed. Exam wasn't easy...but i was mentally prepared.
gbalaka

Postby corbismyhomeboy » Fri May 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Congrats!! This one was really hard for me as well. It's funny how so many of us come in lacking confidence (myself included) and when you conquer it, you feel like a rockstar! Hope you get a nice break and some R&R!
corbismyhomeboy

Postby Lindalou84 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:48 am

gbalaka wrote:
Congrats!

Out of the 7 exams, I thing i'll never forget are the 381 practice exam questions from Kaplan 4.0. That was a ridiculous amount of questions, however, due to those, I walked into the exam very confident and passed. Exam wasn't easy...but i was mentally prepared.

Nice! Yeah the day before the test I really regretted not going through them all. Worked out fine in the end but I agree, I would have felt more confident had I done them.
Lindalou84

Postby Lindalou84 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:51 am

corbismyhomeboy wrote:Congrats!! This one was really hard for me as well. It's funny how so many of us come in lacking confidence (myself included) and when you conquer it, you feel like a rockstar! Hope you get a nice break and some R&R!

Thanks! Yes - felt so great to see the word "PASS" I couldn't help but tear up haha. Feels great to know all that hard work paid off.
Lindalou84

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS