Testint Tomorrow: Sajjad

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Testint Tomorrow: Sajjad

Postby PeekaBoo » Sun May 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Comments greatly welcomed.

Sajjad ALT

NOTE: **I mixed up the location of the clerestory window...supposed to be on W wall of Sajjad and N wall of Lugnut....which I accidentally switched. The mix up would have been a fatal error on my part....so, for the sake of practice...please review based on if clerestory is on N wall of Sajjad and W wall of Lugnut.

Question: Does the Porch need to be framed? It says there's a roof above...but I wasn't sure since there were no walls...and I didn't want to add random columns. I did frame the Veranda since there were existing walls.

Thanks!
Peek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeekaBoo

Re: Testint Tomorrow: Sajjad

Postby Coach » Sun May 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Porch has a roof so it must be framed.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby PeekaBoo » Sun May 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Thank you, Coach.

With that said, here is my revised solution...taking into account the correct celestory locations.

Question: Is it more efficient to run the joists for the porch from E-W instead of N-S (which I did)? I thought it might be; however, usually its recommend to run the joist in the shorter direction. Please advise....running it the longer direction would have been under the 5'0" span length.

-Peek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeekaBoo

Postby Coach » Sun May 14, 2017 3:14 pm

PeekaBoo wrote:Question: Is it more efficient to run the joists for the porch from E-W instead of N-S (which I did)?

Yes. 114' of beam is a lot more expensive than 15'.
Last edited by Coach on Sun May 14, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 15', not 10'
Coach
Site Admin

Postby PeekaBoo » Sun May 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks, Coach!
PeekaBoo

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS