PASS and DONE!!!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

PASS and DONE!!!

Postby isoken » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

I am finally done with the ARE's. received my last and final pass on Building systems after 5 years of taking the ARE and 21 exams for 7 passes.

For Structures
I attended Prof Mehdi Seterah's live seminar - This seminar was extremely beneficial to my passing! -
Structural Systems - Architectural Systems book by Mehdi Seterah - I believe this book helped me condense the amount of studying I had to do
Thaddues
FEMA
Wind and Earthquake design for Architects

DORF - Solutions Videos
Q&A - Kaplan , Ballast, Nalsa Flashcards , Mitalski Online Q&A
AreBlogspot.com -
Google any concepts or topics you don't understand

Must of all what worked for me was doing as many Q&A as possible, know the concepts and formulas, -

I will like to say a BIG THANKS to Coach and all on this Forum who reviewed my Vignettes. Couldn't have passed without this Forum. For all still taking the ARE, Just keep on taking these exams guys unitl you are done and if I could do this YES YOU CAN TOO!!!

Once again , THANK YOU COACH!!!
isoken

Re: PASS and DONE!!!

Postby Melon Panda » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Congratulations for your last pass! And thank you for your SS post.
I'm interested in Prof. Mehdi Setera Book and Seminar. Does he have a website? Can I ask how to get his info?

Thank you so much!
-Melon
Melon Panda

Postby isoken » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:21 am

Melon Panda wrote:Congratulations for your last pass! And thank you for your SS post.
I'm interested in Prof. Mehdi Setera Book and Seminar. Does he have a website? Can I ask how to get his info?

Thank you so much!
-Melon

Melon,

Thanks for your well wishes....

You probably can send Prof. Mehdi Seterah an email etc, his book is available on amazon, the book comes free with the seminar. I believe he has a seminar coming up in June. see his contact below

Mehdi Setareh setareh@vt.edu
Mehdi Setareh, PhD, PE
Professor
Director, Virginia Tech Vibration Testing Laboratory
http://vtvtl.weebly.com/
isoken

Postby Melon Panda » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Isoken, thank you for the info. I just emailed him.

-Melon
Melon Panda

Postby demolina » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 am

Melon Panda wrote:Isoken, thank you for the info. I just emailed him.

-Melon

@melon Did you get a response back? I am taking structures in June and would like more details on this. Thanks! :)
demolina

Postby Melon Panda » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:56 pm

demolina wrote:
Melon Panda wrote:Isoken, thank you for the info. I just emailed him.

-Melon

@melon Did you get a response back? I am taking structures in June and would like more details on this. Thanks! :)

Yes, I did. I live in LA, so may take his online seminar. Cheaper than Thaddeus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The focus of the online material is in fact on the ARE 4.0. As you may know, there is an emphasis on the seismic requirements in the Structural Systems division of the ARE 4.0. These are reflected in the book and videos on the website. In fact, I used FEMA-454 publication (seismic for architects) to develop part 2 of the course. I believe it can also help with preparing for the California Supplemental Examination too.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Best,
MS
Melon Panda

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS