And... Done!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

And... Done!

Postby macjacket » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 am

I woke up at 5:30 to the find that I have finally passed this test. This was my last test and my third time taking this test (failed the vignette two times). I felt very confident about the vignette this time. However, the test felt harder this time around. Overall, I remember seeing the same question on only two of the tests so there must be a huge range of questions. So glad to have this weight off my shoulders. I studied the usual suspects (minus Thaddeus... too expensive for me), but I will add a few more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXQOWBCA5s Cool video for concepts.

There are certainly math questions on the test, but concepts are WAY more important. Trust your instincts. Like most people, I left this for last out of fear of structures. I wish I would have started with this one as most of my experience is in CDs, CA work, and working with consultants.

For those of you still testing, keep at it. Best of luck to the rest of you wrapping up 4.0! I'm taking my life back now.
macjacket

Re: And... Done!

Postby Klim » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Congratulations ! Thanks for sharing the link. Do you know why you had failed twice in the vignette?
Klim

Re: And... Done!

Postby macjacket » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:09 am

The first time, I was definitely not prepared for the curveball vignette (longer spans, etc). The second time, I realized the night after the test I did not transfer columns from the second floor down to level 1.

I think if you read through Mike's vignette study guide plus watch that link I attached, you should have no worries as long as you follow the rules.
macjacket

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS