SS pass

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

SS pass

Postby hirrosan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:02 pm

I wanted to thank coach and the other forum members for the assistance with the vignette and for the making the forum such a valuable part of the studying process.

This was my 6th exam and I felt it was the most difficult to study for and felt the exam was the most difficult of the ones taken thus far. The vignette on the other hand was among the easiest. In all, I studied for about 4 weeks. focused mostly on Marc Mitalski's course and supplemented it with the FEMA 454, BDCS review and Mikes notes. Mitalski's videos were great and more importantly, I felt his practice questions and explanations were what prepared me the most. I practiced all of his questions at least twice and would try three or four times until I could get the questions right. I did not try the thaddeus course so I cannot compare the two. I chose Mitalski because of the practice questions and the cost was much less.

The test was difficult and math intensive, I recommend knowing the principles behind the formulas, when to use them and how the formulas inter-relate to each other. It was important for me to memorize all of the main formulas. As soon as the exam started, I wrote them down on the scratch paper and referenced them throughout the exam; others recommended this approach and I found it helpful.

One more to go...
hirrosan

Re: SS pass

Postby introversed » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:02 am

Congratulations!

Here's to a swift completion of your final exam, too

I took this exam in the middle (exam 4 of 7) and finished up two weeks ago, with SD, BDCS, BS remaining. I'm glad to hear SS was the most difficult exam in your experience, as I look forward to a more relaxed and sane study experience from here out.
introversed

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS