Passed and FINALLY Done!!!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Passed and FINALLY Done!!!

Postby alkali » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:27 pm

I've been waiting exacting 4 years and 10 months to write this post! (Yep I passed all 7 exams with only two months left on my rolling clock!) When I saw that I finally passed SS I literally could not believe it! Although I've been studying and praying and praying and studying, it still doesn't seem real. The reason I am so shocked I'm finally done is due to my rough battle with these exams. I checked my NCARB exam profile and I have taken a total of 21 exams (7 passes, 14 fails!) I failed SS six times (which was my final pass) failed BDCS 5 times, and failed PPP, BS, and SD once each. I'm so glad to be finally done and I want to encourage anyone who is still testing to keep pushing! If you fail, immediately sign up for retake (if finances permit). I pretty much kept the same study strategy throughout all my exams: I made my own study cards based on the materials I used (Ballast, Kaplan, Thaddeus, Mitalski, Jenny's notes, Black Spectacles). I also reviewed the study cards I made for BDCS. I tried to study at least an hour every day, some days more, some days less. Taking some advice I read from someone in this forum, as I studied I tried to understand the overall concept instead of memorizing information. If you read something over and over again and not understand it, you may as well be trying to read a foreign language! (This was my biggest mistake early on!) Thanks to everyone in this forum and thank you Coach!
alkali

Re: Passed and FINALLY Done!!!

Postby macjacket » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:11 am

Congrats! That is serious commitment.
macjacket

Re: Passed and FINALLY Done!!!

Postby corbismyhomeboy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:11 am

Congratulations alkali! You are a trooper!! I hope you treat yourself with something great now that you're done!
corbismyhomeboy

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS