New Study Guide (by Setareh) - Anyone Find it Useful?

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

New Study Guide (by Setareh) - Anyone Find it Useful?

Postby zahraabroad » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:55 am

Hi All!

I am looking for a book similar to the Amber Book but instead for the Structural Systems section. I found a book called Structural Systems: Architect Registration Examination 4.0 by Mehdi Setareh. Has anyone read through this book and found it useful?

http://amzn.to/2cynW9z

Thanks!
zahraabroad

Re: New Study Guide (by Setareh) - Anyone Find it Useful?

Postby vshah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:02 pm

I took his seminar in Alexandria (which was intense- 36 hours in three days!) and then studied for less than a week using his book and passed. I didn't remember much from school so this book/course literally took me from knowing nothing to passing in seven days. It is WAY less overwhelming than Kaplan or Ballast. I practiced with Kaplan questions, but whenever I started to read the Kaplan chapters I would start freaking out and feeling like there was so much I didn't know. So I just stopped using Kaplan. After the test, I went back through the book and the answers to most of the questions I was unsure about were there. It's a really good guide to understand the concepts without getting bogged down in math particulars, even though the math examples he uses are usually more complex than anything I saw on the test.
vshah

Postby isoken » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:58 pm

I took Medhi Setareh' s seminar too in Alexandria September 30-Oct 2nd (Intense). It was extremely useful. His book is also very detailed and easy to read. He also has about 255 practice questions and answers in the book. In my opinion it will be money well spent. Kaplan is confusing to me with lots of errors
isoken

Postby DLFarrell22 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 am

Do you suggest this book vs. Kaplan? What about Ballast? I have 1 month to study for structures and it is freaking me out. I am watching the Black Spectacles videos now and want to watch either the David Thaddeus or Marc Mitalski videos (anyone recommend one to another). I think I will only have time to read one "book" in addition to the other suggested readings (Buildind at risk, etc.).
DLFarrell22

Postby kjkenan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:47 pm

David Thaddus is pretty good for Structures, I am going to try Medhi Setareh' s seminar, because I did not PASS on the first try. Retaking next month, so don't have anything to loose by tying something different. Will let you guys know how the Medhi Setareh' s seminar works out.
kjkenan

Postby vivaldi222 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 am

I used this book as a study guide, not the seminar itself, as a main resource for SS and got my pass this morning. I supplemented with the steel manual bible and Jenny's notes. Anything i didn't know looked up online in detail. Didn't even have time for ballast or Kaplan this time. Studied about two weeks. Hope this helps.
vivaldi222

Postby galganis44 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:08 pm

ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SELL THE STUDY GUIDE BOOK BY SETAREH?
I FOUND IT A LITTLE EXPENSIVE ONLINE AND WOULD LIKE TO SAVE SOME MONEY?
i Will really appreciate it!
Thanks for your information
galganis44

Postby galganis44 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Or the Kaplan 500 questions?
Try online but did not find it
Thanks guys for all the info!
galganis44

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS