Back from the exam and...

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Back from the exam and...

Postby Candidat1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:02 pm

... although unprepared, it felt much different than the other exams I took (PPP, SPD, CDC, and SD of course). A lot less to guess and I believe that if I studied more, I would have actually passed. A lot less questions with calculations than I expected, ton of wind, earthquake stuff, moment of inertia, mixed concrete steel, systems, etc... (I hope I am not divulging too much). The At-Your-Pace seminar by Thaddeus was a great help. Even if I didn't remember some formulas, the seminar made me familiar with most concepts of tension and compression, complex structures, behavior of structures, and because of that I was able to guess a few answers right, mostly by exclusion. I highly recommend it. What's in the Ballast is so overkill in terms of formulas. But the Q&A by Kaplan is right on. Very little code questions. The vignette seemed easy, but not having practiced once, I had to guess about joists spacing. Oh well. At least now I know what to face in 6 months. Now onto the really though ones: BDCS and BS.
Candidat1

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS