Custom Alt Vignette first attempt, testing Thursday!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Custom Alt Vignette first attempt, testing Thursday!

Postby ssarch25 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Please view and comment, correct my attempt at this vignette. It was much harder than the NCARB one!

I also have a few questions...

1. I'm not sure what to do with all of the window wall, door combinations. It says in the program there can be no obstructions?

2. Can someone clarify what it means when it says there is a clerestory? How is that supposed to be reflected in the structural design? A beam?

3. What exactly do they mean by window wall? Window floor to roof? I'm guessing it can't be obstructed with a beam/column?

4. Did I do the entrance right or should I provide a perimeter beam?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thank you ahead of time for your comments and time.

-Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssarch25

Re: Custom Alt Vignette first attempt, testing Thursday!

Postby ssarch25 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 pm

I realize now my half beams in the NS direction on the first floor plan is a bit silly. It was confusing in the program though saying you can obstruct the openings. So if it says window wall, can you put a beam through it? I am referering to the west and east exterior cafeteria walls.
ssarch25

Re: Custom Alt Vignette first attempt, testing Thursday!

Postby ssarch25 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Sorry for the double post. I decided to give it another try after checking some others out. Are beams needed e/w at the north wall on the first floor?

Comments appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssarch25

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS