Sajjad alt // Testing Tuesday // please review

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Sajjad alt // Testing Tuesday // please review

Postby matte » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:30 pm

sajjad upper.jpg

sajjad lower.jpg

Hello, here is the Sajjad alternate for your perusal. Please let me know where I totally dropped the ball. Testing Tuesday. Thank you for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matte

Re: Sajjad alt // Testing Tuesday // please review

Postby matte » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:23 pm

sajjad upper alt 1.jpg

sajjad lower alt 1.jpg

For kicks I tried running the joists in the South rooms the opposite direction. Ended up adding a joist size and wasn't able to remove any beams - the one beam that changed, in the southeast corner, actually got longer. So, figure the first way is better since it minimizes the number of joist sizes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matte

Postby Coach » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:29 pm

matte wrote: So, figure the first way is better since it minimizes the number of joist sizes.

That's not an issue. On a building of this size, efficiency is maximized by minimizing the amount of beam.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby matte » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Coach wrote:
matte wrote: So, figure the first way is better since it minimizes the number of joist sizes.

On a building of this size, efficiency is maximized by minimizing the amount of beam.

So then solution 1 is still the better solution? Were there any issues with my solution? Tried to equalize the beam lengths, like you previously mentioned.
matte

Postby matte » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Last time I'm messing around with the vignette software before the test, I promise. This test minimizes beam length & number of joist widths. Was even able to delete a column from the lower framing plan.

final alt - upper.jpg

final alt - lower.jpg
matte

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS