Help! Should I take the exam now?

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Help! Should I take the exam now?

Postby ssarch25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello all, I finally found this forum!

I am currently studying for SS. I have passed all 4 exams I have taken and am comfortable with the ARE format. I have been studying for a little over a month. I haven't done the vignette practice yet but I understand it is one of the easier ones. I am shaky on the complicated calculation questions and usually get about 50% correct on other calculation questions. I tend to be a good test taker, I think I am pretty good at eliminating incorrect answers...

I missed 40 of 100 on the kaplan 100 exam, missed 9 on the NCARB practice exam. I feel like I may be ready to take this exam and I have some personal things coming up that will slow down my studying. Test centers in my area are very busy, I can either take it this Saturday or wait until a month from now (earliest available date).

What should I do? I obviously don't want to fail but don't want to put it off either.

Choices:
A. Take it saturday and cross my fingers.
B. Sign up for the mid november spot and buy the Thaddeus seminar online (I haven't done it yet).

What do you guys think?

-Scott
ssarch25

Re: Help! Should I take the exam now?

Postby tinaruiz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:38 am

Did you decide on this yet? It sounds like you'll probably pass based on your practice exams but it really comes down to if you're ok w/losing the $210 and waiting 6 months if you don't pass...good luck!
tinaruiz

Re: Help! Should I take the exam now?

Postby ssarch25 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:42 am

tinaruiz wrote:Did you decide on this yet? It sounds like you'll probably pass based on your practice exams but it really comes down to if you're ok w/losing the $210 and waiting 6 months if you don't pass...good luck!

Thanks Tina, I've decided to go ahead and try to take it in the next 2 weeks. The testing centers near me are booked through December! I'll have to keep refreshing the page and hope for the best.
ssarch25

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS