Sajja Vignette

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Sajja Vignette

Postby pkj » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:00 am

Hi,

Attached is my first attempt at Sajjad Alternate. Please review, Testing soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pkj

Re: Sajja Vignette

Postby fss106 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:43 pm

i would span the treadmill room the opposite direction. otherwise i think it looks good-- i just did this vignette myself and our answers are pretty similar. apart from me entirely forgetting to do the porch. - FAIL -
fss106

Postby archejk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm

I would also look at your column design which will effect your beam lengths. The dorf solution manual I have states to keep beams length more than 20 feet and less than 40 feet. You may look at using a bearing wall at the wall between the yoga and waiting room.

The column at the west waiting wall I would move down towards the center of the room which would be better for your overall beam design. Same goes to your column location on the first/second floor east yoga hall.
archejk

Postby archejk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 pm

archejk wrote:I would also look at your column design which will effect your beam lengths. The dorf solution manual I have states to keep beams length more than 20 feet and less than 40 feet. You may look at using a bearing wall at the wall between the yoga and waiting room.
Well dorf says to keep beams 20-40 feet but then their very first example they show a beam less than 10' in length.
The column at the west waiting wall I would move down towards the center of the room which would be better for your overall beam design. Same goes to your column location on the first/second floor east yoga hall.
archejk

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS