PASS

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

PASS

Postby acadia » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm not completely sure how it happened but I am forever grateful for the support that came from members of this forum, mike especially for all of your structural help, thank you!

I wished I had studied more of my archiflash cards
Ching structures illustrated is a must read or other similar graphics books are wonderful for concepts
I wished I reviewed a bit more of my notes on building components. Looking over pictures from projects in construction or site visits is certainly helpful in some of those random moments

Good luck to everyone yet to complete this challenge. You will get there. Read, review as many books and notes as you can. Watch plenty of youtube videos and practice questions regularly to warm up! Best.
acadia

Re: PASS

Postby detail4 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:23 am

Congratulations! It is a huge relief I am sure. I was surprised about how useful Ching's Building Construction Illustrated is about explaining the structural concepts. I definitely agree... the more material familiarity the better. The test is pretty broad and covers a lot. I think knowing those main formulas are important too.
detail4

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS