Custom Alt- Please comment!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Custom Alt- Please comment!

Postby evaughn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 am

Testing in few days- Please comment!!

Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evaughn

Re: Custom Alt- Please comment!

Postby Mike-SE » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

looks good to me
Mike-SE

Postby pinkl004 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:04 pm

beams on lower level on the e. of east cafe. and w. of w. cafe. is that per direction of celestory window? I thought beams on upper floor would cover this requirement.

Also,for the lower level column placement, is it better to center the column or let it align at the exterior wall? See attached..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pinkl004

Postby alleycatbabe » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Are the beams on the lower level in the cafeteria area on the reception side required? Don't you need a beams on the lower level of the e/w cafeteria walls to carry the clerestory? I don't know the answer I'd like to know.
alleycatbabe

Postby fss106 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:59 am

i believe your long beams on the upper level exceed the max span mentioned in the notes by 1'. at least that's what was happening to me when i laid it out, i had to add an extra column on each side to cut that span.

also, on the lower level in the center bay-- is 33' too long for joists?

everything i've read says you need a beam to support all walls at the upper level. which would mean beams on the north walls of the reception and cafeteria @ the lower level.
fss106

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS