Studying for SS During the Break

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Studying for SS During the Break

Postby chedin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am

It's the last test I want to take, actually, I don't want to take it at all, but I realize that since it's such a weak point for me, I need to take it right after the break ends so if I don't pass it, it won't push me back too far.
I've passed CDS & PPP. I'm waiting on my letter for SPD (expecting a fail due to a poorly designed plaza and one too many trees killed) and SD which I just took three days ago (that one I felt ok about so hopefully it's a pass).
I've been "furloughed" for the next two months so I'll be able to hit the studying pretty hard for this exam. I'm hoping there are others who will be studying for this exam during this time too. Is anyone else planning on taking this test first thing in September?
chedin

Re: Studying for SS During the Break

Postby Mike-SE » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:13 pm

I check the forum day, so post questions, early and often!
Mike-SE

Postby lalutt05 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 pm

I am also planning on taking SS first thing after the blackout. I have passed CD+S and SD, waiting for my letter from BD+CS.
lalutt05

Postby alydvor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 am

I am planning on taking this as soon as tests can be scheduled. I am a bit hesitant to start studying because of the "I'm going to fail structures" mentality. I really want to get this done with and out of my way as soon as possible.

Are there any suggestions of how to start studying?
alydvor

Postby Tara » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:28 am

I'm doing the same thing, but i'm planning for mid Sept. I'm actually finding the blackout to be peaceful as I can study without being stressed to try to try to get it scheduled before the end of the blackout.

So far I read through an old version of Kaplan (didn't get that much out of it), pay for the Mitalski lectures (expensive and not sure worth the cost- but more I study and go back to them it does help concepts sink into place), working on Ballast which is making more make sense to me, Ambrose book just came in mail (old cheap version will use as a reference), Kaplan q and a on way...

I'm forcing myself to find time before and after work to study 2 hours a day and more on weekends until then.

We can upload vignette attachments on here too. Anyone active on here to study with until test time?
Tara

Postby lalutt05 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:14 am

Tara wrote: We can upload vignette attachments on here too. Anyone active on here to study with until test time?

Tara, currently I am somewhat active on here. I am planning on taking my exam toward the end of September.
lalutt05

Postby Mike-SE » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I am not studying but try to check each day and will respond to vignettes and questions.
Mike
Mike-SE

Postby lalutt05 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 am

Blackout is over! I'm schedule for 8:30 AM October 9th!
lalutt05

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS