Final Pass and Done with the ARE!

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Final Pass and Done with the ARE!

Postby AJD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 am

I have been waiting a long time for this day. Today I received notification that I passed the Structural Systems exam. I am over the moon as this was my last exam and I am now done with the ARE forever!!!! Happily, I passed all of the exams the first time through, though I did need to repeat one test as I lost that exam (Site Planning and Design) to the rolling clock (which was instituted after I passed it. Grr......).
I would like to thank anyone and everyone here who helped me along the way. In particular I owe a debt of gratitude and many thanks to you, Coach, for providing this forum and for your insight, experience, commentary, and perspective. I do not believe that I would have been anywhere near as sucessful without your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I felt particularly uneasy going into this exam. I studied like a maniac for about seven weeks but I still felt underprepared going in. Math is not my strong suit and sometimes my brain short circuits under the pressure of an exam. I gave myself about a 40% chance of passing this one going in. As the questions ticked by, the test became less and less daunting. I remember getting to about question 50 or so and thinking to myself “Hey! You could actually pass this thing. Do NOT give up.” I stayed focused and kept plugging along. Evidently, it worked.
Here is what I studied for SS:
-Thaddeus Video Course
-Ballast Review Manual (big blue book)
-Ballast Practice Questions and Exam
-BAR-Wind
-BAR-Seismic
-FEMA-chapters 4,5,8,9
-Archiflash flashcards
-Fundamentals of Building Construction
-Jenny’s notes
-Reviewed major BDCS topics (Ballast and Brightwood/Kaplan study materials)
To those of you that are still struggling through these infernal and seemingly endless exams, please do not give up. You CAN do it. I will be turning fifty years old this Sunday. These exams are definitely very hard, but if I can do it, you can too. Best of luck to everyone.
AJD

Re: Final Pass and Done with the ARE!

Postby cabara01 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:40 am

Congratulations!
cabara01

Postby AJD » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am

Thank you very much Cabara01! I was unsure this day would ever come. It is a big relief to finally have it behind me. I see that you passed SS and completed the ARE on the same day that I did, 1/8/18. Congratulations to you as well! :)
AJD

Postby cabara01 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 am

Thank you! Feels awesome right!??? So relieved to finally be done.
cabara01

Postby AJD » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Agree 100%. Huge relief. Back to practicing, building stuff, and enjoying life now!
AJD

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS