Do I need to wait 60 days if I am absent from the exam

Structural Layout Vignette and Multiple Choice

Do I need to wait 60 days if I am absent from the exam

Postby j2ee » Sat May 27, 2017 3:42 pm

I missed the re-scheduling time frame as I did not realize this upcoming Monday does not count as a working day. I am not prepared to take the exam right now. If I do not show up can I re-schedule it for the next few weeks or I have to wait 60 days as if I failed this subject?
j2ee

Re: Do I need to wait 60 days if I am absent from the exam

Postby vrcat25 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:55 pm

j2ee wrote:I missed the re-scheduling time frame as I did not realize this upcoming Monday does not count as a working day. I am not prepared to take the exam right now. If I do not show up can I re-schedule it for the next few weeks or I have to wait 60 days as if I failed this subject?

Pretty sure you just just lose your $200. Call Ncarb Monday morning and verify.
vrcat25

Postby Coach » Sat May 27, 2017 8:06 pm

If you're ready, why not go?
Are you saying that your employer gives you a paid day off to test but since it's a holiday that won't happen?

If you're a no-show you lose the exam fee but you can reschedule as soon as prometric resets you eligibility. That's supposed to be done in a few days but sometimes it takes a call.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby j2ee » Sat May 27, 2017 8:45 pm

The instruction says that people can re-schedule the test 4 days before the test date. My appointment is next Tuesday. However I do not feel that I am fully prepared. I was trying to re-schedule it last Wednesday but when I went to the web site I was told I can not re-schedule it. I do not want to go to the test and the failing result that I have wait another 60 days to re-schedule it. So I am asking if I do not go to the test. Will NCARB allow me to schedule it as I am schedule a new subject?
j2ee

Postby vrcat25 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:05 am

Coach wrote:If you're ready, why not go?

If you're a no-show you lose the exam fee but you can reschedule as soon as prometric resets you eligibility. That's supposed to be done in a few days but sometimes it takes a call.

Coach answered this question...You lose your $210 fee and you can reschedule within a few days and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT 2 MONTHS...So what's your new plan? How long are you going to study before you reschedule SS??
vrcat25

Postby j2ee » Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 am

Great. I need another 3 weekends to study. Too many deadlines recently. Thanks for the clarification.
j2ee

Postby Sean_Ryan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Same thing happened to me - i actually forgot i had the exam scheduled till i got the email.

I had to wait five business days to reschedule. And of course money was gone.. i couldn't even get anyone on the phone from NCARB.
Sean_Ryan

Return to SS - STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS