NCARB 3rd attempt

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

NCARB 3rd attempt

Postby et14 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm

been going throught the NCARB again, to work on speed - see anything that doesn't look right or could be improved? thanks so much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
et14

Re: NCARB 3rd attempt

Postby Coach » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 pm

North and east T44 chairs inaccessible.
I recommend at least 1/2 of front of exec desk should be accessible.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby et14 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm

thanks coach.
is keeping 1/2 of front of exec desk accessible based on code or just design logic?
it seems like this phrase: "A continuous path that meets the minimum clear distance requirement of the code shall be provided to each work table and to the seating area behind each desk", is saying its not necessary to keep a min. clear distance in front of exec desk, unless you have to pass it to
access something . . . ?
but i get its just safer to leave 1/2 accessible.
et14

Postby Coach » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm

et14 wrote:is keeping 1/2 of front of exec desk accessible based on code or just design logic?

Mostly logic.

it seems like this phrase: "A continuous path that meets the minimum clear distance requirement of the code shall be provided to each work table and to the seating area behind each desk", is saying its not necessary to keep a min. clear distance in front of exec desk, unless you have to pass it to
access something . . . ?
but i get its just safer to leave 1/2 accessible.

A while back they made the exec desk curved in front so you won't place them facing a wall. I also believe the intent is to have the front accessible.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN