Building Layout - Coach Alt

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout - Coach Alt

Postby sshust15 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Hey guys! Attempted Coach's alt today. Probably the most difficult part was making sure the rooms that required windows had access to the exterior. As I finished it, I realized a more efficient layout for the second floor but figured that what I had would work as well. Let me know your thoughts on this. One question I had:

-MP and GR would be accessed from the western street. I did not place any windows on that side because of the use of the rooms. Should I have put windows on that side or does it not matter because the north and south sides have windows?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Re: Building Layout - Coach Alt

Postby Coach » Tue May 08, 2018 6:57 pm

sshust15 wrote:-MP and GR would be accessed from the western street. I did not place any windows on that side because of the use of the rooms. Should I have put windows on that side or does it not matter because the north and south sides have windows?

It doesn't matter.

Illegal dead end.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby sshust15 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Coach wrote:
sshust15 wrote:-MP and GR would be accessed from the western street. I did not place any windows on that side because of the use of the rooms. Should I have put windows on that side or does it not matter because the north and south sides have windows?

It doesn't matter.

Illegal dead end.

Coach, could you elaborate on the illegal dead end? I believe you are referring to the corridor past the northern stair. Should I have continued the corridor out to the west and skinny up the garage?

I just re-drew it here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Postby Coach » Wed May 09, 2018 3:53 pm

sshust15 wrote:Coach, could you elaborate on the illegal dead end? I believe you are referring to the corridor past the northern stair.

Yes. Distance from middle of stair door to GR is more than 20'.

Should I have continued the corridor out to the west and skinny up the garage?

That works, but not as well as just shortening the corridor.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby sshust15 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Appreciate it Coach!
sshust15

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN