IL -Alt 2 Attempt

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

IL -Alt 2 Attempt

Postby sshust15 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Hey Guys. Second alt attempt here. This was a huge pain in the butt. I actually reset myself because I was gonna go over on time. The filing room gave me the biggest headache. 20 file cabinets! Ugh! Anyway, I think I got everything in there that I needed. My major concern is the door to LCR. It is floating because I could not get it against a wall. As far as I am aware, there is no hinge approach diagram/requirements in the software code section. Is that door ok as long as it meets the code that is presented to me? Also, I know there is typically a 2:1 ratio that we should try and follow but if I wanted to make the filing room a long, skinny space, would it be acceptable because of the use of the space?

Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Re: IL -Alt 2 Attempt

Postby sbyrktct » Tue May 08, 2018 9:18 am

- north chair of west T44 is inaccessible
- according to NCARB's comments online, the 60" turning circle should not overlap the doorswing

Even though you are most likely to not have 20 vert files on the exam, look at others' posts for more efficient ways to handle rooms with large amounts of furniture... I would start with those rooms first.

The 2:1 room shape rule of thumb only applies to the BL.
sbyrktct

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN