Building Layout - First Attempt

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Building Layout - First Attempt

Postby sshust15 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:27 am

Hey Guys! First go at the Building Layout vignette. Seems like a simple enough vignette. Just have to be sure to follow the program/code. A couple questions:

-I have double exit doors at the lobby and two exit doors close to each other at the end of the hall. Will I be docked for having too many doors/doors in close proximity?
-Do I need to be precise for how far doors are from walls? I tried to do 1 click away so there is space behind the leaf.
-I had one major concern when doing this layout and that was the hallway on the second floor on the southeast. Does it work ok the way that it extends as long as it does and creates a "space" in the hallway? I am well under the allowable SF for corridor area so I was not concerned with that.

Any thoughts or assists would be appreciated! Thanks guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sshust15

Re: Building Layout - First Attempt

Postby Coach » Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 am

sshust15 wrote:-I have double exit doors at the lobby and two exit doors close to each other at the end of the hall. Will I be docked for having too many doors/doors in close proximity?

Dbl doors are unnecessary unless specifically required. Corridor exit is redundant, the stair is an exit. Exterior doors should be minimized.

-Do I need to be precise for how far doors are from walls?

No.

-I had one major concern when doing this layout and that was the hallway on the second floor on the southeast. Does it work ok the way that it extends as long as it does and creates a "space" in the hallway?

Not a problem.

Move CR door east.
Swap TS with LRs.
Move SO door west.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN