BL 4.0 vignette

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

BL 4.0 vignette

Postby tiredofthis » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi This is my first timed BL attempt. I thought I'd have more time to recheck the drawing, but I guess I need more practice.

I have these questions:

1. Is it OK to have the column on the first floor where the corridor meets the lobby? It doesn't block exit access as far as I can tell. I tried to get rid of it, but ran out of time.

2. I drew the corridor at 6'-6" wide to make sure I had enough width. It's more than necessary, but the circulation percentage is still low enough. Is it a problem?

3. Where it calls for a window (or a view), should I just give one window? i threw a few windows, 8' max, along the view-side wall, but I don't know if that is considered excessive.

4. Toilet rooms are near each other on each floor, but not adjacent. The program doesn't specifically call for them to be.

5. I've already caught the 2nd floor overhang near the east stairway. I added to the corridor at the last minute, and forget to check below.

Thanks for all your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tiredofthis

Re: BL 4.0 vignette

Postby Coach » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:20 pm

tiredofthis wrote:1. Is it OK to have the column on the first floor where the corridor meets the lobby? It doesn't block exit access as far as I can tell. I tried to get rid of it, but ran out of time.

It's fine. It's also very easy to get rid of.

2. I drew the corridor at 6'-6" wide to make sure I had enough width. It's more than necessary, but the circulation percentage is still low enough. Is it a problem?

It's fine.

3. Where it calls for a window (or a view), should I just give one window? i threw a few windows, 8' max, along the view-side wall, but I don't know if that is considered excessive.

I recommend eyeballing 4' to 10' segments on one wall in quantities proportional to room size. What you have works.

4. Toilet rooms are near each other on each floor, but not adjacent. The program doesn't specifically call for them to be.

No adjacency required.

CR/MP distance very poor.
Check lobby and CR areas.
Move TS door west.
LRs as shown are glorified vestibules. Move corridor doors to inner door sides.
Can't see SW window.
Office connections missing.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN