Curve ball

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Curve ball

Postby matt » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm

So if there is a vestibule that has to connect to the lobby space, this done with a door from lobby to vestibule and door from vestibule to outside and both doors need to swing out, correct?
matt

Re: Curve ball

Postby Coach » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Yes.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby fare75 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 am

Hi Coach,
I have a question for a similar topic.
I assume the Vestibule is a "circulation space" (i.e. in light yellow color)
So for a programmed area that is a circulation space in light yellow hatch ( a vestibule or a larger space) other than the Corridor, must be connected with door but not that wall opening? :roll:

Found a previous discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35801&p=167002&hilit=vestibule#p167002
fare75

Postby Coach » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:42 pm

fare75 wrote:I assume the Vestibule is a "circulation space" (i.e. in light yellow color)

Probably.

So for a programmed area that is a circulation space in light yellow hatch ( a vestibule or a larger space) other than the Corridor, must be connected with door but not that wall opening?

It depends. A vestibule is somewhat unique in that it's an anteroom. I would always use doors with vestibules and wall openings with other circulation spaces.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby fare75 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Coach wrote:
fare75 wrote:I assume the Vestibule is a "circulation space" (i.e. in light yellow color)

Probably.

So for a programmed area that is a circulation space in light yellow hatch ( a vestibule or a larger space) other than the Corridor, must be connected with door but not that wall opening?

It depends. A vestibule is somewhat unique in that it's an anteroom. I would always use doors with vestibules and wall openings with other circulation spaces.

potentially that's why I failed :roll:
For a Vestibule, it has exit door directly to the exterior so unlikely you have to deal with dead end corridor. But for other relatively large circulation space (other than Lobby and CO...I got something larger than a Lobby!) you have to follow the 20' dead end corridor code + use wall opening. I treated it like a normal room in the exam :|
fare75

Postby matt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 am

I think the vestibule had a square footage assigned to it, did you stay within 10% of that?
matt

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN