Another BL

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

Another BL

Postby matt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello All,

Please have a look at my Building layout and see if anything jumps out at you. I failed this test back in 2012. Have to pass this time.

Thanks for your help.

Questions:

1. Are empty roof spaces allowed like the one I have by the east stair on the second floor? Should I fill that in with corridor?

Comment:

On the first floor cut a wall opening where the lobby space met the corridor space. This intersection took place along the adjacent wall of the Reception area and would not let me put a window in that location. Even though there is actually no wall there! Must be a glitch in the software so watch out. So silly. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt

Re: Another BL

Postby Coach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:24 am

matt wrote:1. Are empty roof spaces allowed like the one I have by the east stair on the second floor?

Yes, but depth should not exceed twice width and don't create islands.

On the first floor cut a wall opening where the lobby space met the corridor space. This intersection took place along the adjacent wall of the Reception area and would not let me put a window in that location. Even though there is actually no wall there! Must be a glitch in the software so watch out.

It's not a glitch. You can't place windows at wall intersections.

R window missing.
TS access missing.
LR access missing.
TS/MP connection not in program.
Check corridor area.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby matt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 am

Wow, you are good at this. Thanks, Coach!
matt

Postby Riety » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 pm

I would check your corridor to building area %. Looks like it might be pushing it. The standard program limits it to 25% of the building area.
Riety

Postby matt » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Thanks. Yeah area was at 2600 so it was close.
matt

Postby 12inch » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 pm

I like the idea of fattening the corridors to align spaces, Just gotta watch the fat. :)
12inch

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN