NCARB BL - 1st Attempt

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

NCARB BL - 1st Attempt

Postby hk2020 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:45 am

Any comments appreciated! Please note there are interior windows between the receptionist and the corridor/lobby and the receptionist and Children's Room for visual control, but it isn't apparent in the screenshot. It's also hard to see the exterior windows, but they are there, too. Is there a rule of thumb for how many exterior windows should be included, based on room size? (For example, I have one for the receptionist, two in the children's room, and three on the 1sts floor of the multi-purpose room -- none on the MP clerestory.)

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hk2020

Re: NCARB BL - 1st Attempt

Postby Coach » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 pm

hk2020 wrote:Is there a rule of thumb for how many exterior windows should be included, based on room size?

I recommend eyeballing 4' to 10' windows in quantities proportional to room size.

Dbl doors are unnecessary.
Why does GR have an interior window?
Easily passing.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby matt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Wouldn't the reception area need visual control to the CR? I know you could argue that you could see someone walking past on entry but should be constant, no?
matt

Postby Coach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:10 am

matt wrote:Wouldn't the reception area need visual control to the CR? I know you could argue that you could see someone walking past on entry but should be constant, no?

There's a window in the R/CR wall.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby teelee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Does the GR need windows because of the visual control needed from the lobby into the GR? Or does a view from the lobby to the GR's doorway good enough without having to add windows into the GR?

Also, isn't the AO room poorly proportioned?

Thanks.
teelee

Postby Coach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:09 pm

teelee wrote:Does the GR need windows because of the visual control needed from the lobby into the GR?

No.

Or does a view from the lobby to the GR's doorway good enough without having to add windows into the GR?

Read the program again.

Also, isn't the AO room poorly proportioned?

No.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Riety » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Looks pretty clean. Side note, the exit doors are allowed to open over the building setback line when opened. You can bring the building face all the way to the setback.
Riety

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN