INT LAYOUT Vignette - Alt Layout - Please Review!

Interior Layout & Building Layout Vignettes

INT LAYOUT Vignette - Alt Layout - Please Review!

Postby bradfordpayne » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Tried an alternate layout based off of coach's videos. Time was 52:33 with checking and program writing. Please review, The only real concern I think I have with this is the 36" clearance in front of the bookcase in SO, it overlaps with the open door, is this acceptable?

I'll do another layout and try to not have any 5' over door swing, just to get a feel for that.

Would you suggest doing a layout with the door opening to the east?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bradfordpayne

Re: INT LAYOUT Vignette - Alt Layout - Please Review!

Postby bradfordpayne » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 pm

This is the alternate layout with 5' turn around not in any door swing area. This was 44:33 with quick check at end. Feel comfortable with this one as well, thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bradfordpayne

Postby lesliediane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:03 pm

They look good to me. You said alternate layout--I assume you are still using the NCARB program.

Just so you know, you do not have to have a 5' turning radius in the "hall" portion of the RBO. You just have to have it somewhere in RBO. As long as you have the right clearance for doors and the 3' path, it's okay.

If you are looking for more practice, you should download alternate files and programs. They are more difficult than the NCARB example. They can be found on sbyrktct's blog: http://arehelp.webs.com/sd
lesliediane

Postby bradfordpayne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am

lesliediane wrote:They look good to me. You said alternate layout--I assume you are still using the NCARB program.

Just so you know, you do not have to have a 5' turning radius in the "hall" portion of the RBO. You just have to have it somewhere in RBO. As long as you have the right clearance for doors and the 3' path, it's okay.

If you are looking for more practice, you should download alternate files and programs. They are more difficult than the NCARB example. They can be found on sbyrktct's blog: http://arehelp.webs.com/sd

Thank you for this. I downloaded the alternates and programs, only one issue, the NCARB program doesn't fun off of a desktop program any longer, it is cloud based. Therefore I cannot change the furniture or plan. Is there a link I am missing to download the furniture for autocad practice?
bradfordpayne

Postby lesliediane » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 am

I still run the NCARB software off of my desktop (Windows 10). The only thing that doesn't work is the Program cannot be accessed through the software, which doesn't matter with alternates since you'll be reading from Word anyway. It will give you error messages, but you just click ok. The downloadable software is here:

https://www.ncarb.org/pass-are/are4/pre ... tic-design

sbyrktct's website has the instructions for loading the alternates if you need help with that.
lesliediane

Return to SD - SCHEMATIC DESIGN